Quote of the Week: Chosen by Pen “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” ~ Lao Tzu
There is lots of good stuff happening in the 3-4 learning center world! Kids are writing all sorts of creative writing projects and worked on the Friday typing challenge to build typing fluency- ask your kid what they wrote about today! Students will be finishing up their persuasive writing next week and sending it off in a letter to someone or recording it with a filmed speech.
If you haven’t yet, please sign up for a conference on March 22nd or 23rd. Kids are preparing their portfolios of work and reflecting on their growth. Soon they will practice how they will lead a conference. This is a big moment for your kids and a special time together.
Sign up here- Spring Conference Sign-Up
- March 7th: Empty Bowls at Buttermilk
- March 9th: Author Kat Kronenberg Visit at All School Meeting and 3-4 Writing Class
- March 22 & 23: Student-led conferences
- March 26 – April 2: Spring Break!
- Thank you, Max and family, for providing nutritious, delicious snacks for our class this week.
- Next week’s snack person is: Josie
- Weekly Homework packet is due Thursday, as usual. Nightly reading and logging continues to be an expectation.
Student Class News: From Chloe and Dylan
Monday we can not play dodgeball in the gym because too many casualties of war. No candy in the forts.
Tuesday We have to have snow pants to go into the forts, and one side of the forts was closed because of the mud.
Wednesday early release at 1:45. Gigi’s day off.
Thursday In reading we worked on the difference between expository and narrative non-fiction texts. In writing we are still working an persuasive speeches and essays.