- September 13th: First local history field trip to Smuggler Mine
- September 13th: Back to School night (5:30-7)
- September 28th: Harvest El Tioga (more on ways to help with this soon!)
- September 29th: No School – Teacher Work Day
- October 6th: All School BBQ
- October 10-13: Denver Field Trip
- Next week’s snack person is: Spencer
- Please send students in closed-toe walking shoes and with extra layers for the field trip to Smuggler Mine on Wednesday. They will also need a water bottle and lunch. We will send a permission slip home with students on Monday.
- Please bring in gym shoes and indoor shoes if you haven’t already.
- Thank you, Luke and family, for bringing in nutritious snacks the first week of school!
- A BIG thanks for Allie’s mom for making 31 unique book bags for our students. What a sweet act of kindness!
Class News: Our first week back to school was busy and fun! As a group, we talked about the rights and responsibilities that we have in our learning center. Kids came up with great ideas like; we have the right to learn, so it is our responsibility to help myself and others learn by always being prepared, staying focused, listening, and participating. That is just one example of the 7 different rights and responsibilities. They are hanging on the wall in our classroom, so please come check them out! Also on that wall are BEAUTIFUL self-portraits! Students used pencil, sharpie, and watercolor to create colorful self-portraits. We will hang them for a while, but don’t worry, they will come home to you eventually! We began writing, math, reading and social studies this week and even snuck in a sweet homemade lava lamp science experiment. Students were introduced to our classroom jobs and they will all be assigned a job for next week. Ask them on Monday what their job is! We are looking forward to our first full week together, and an opportunity to learn at Smuggler Mine. Have a lovely weekend!
Homework: Read! Students were set up with book bags, “just right” books from the classroom library, and reading logs. We set up the expectation with them to read at home daily, log their reading, and bring their book bag back and forth.