Thanksgiving is coming up and we will have the week off. Please enjoy your family time!
Nov. 25-29 Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 2 First Day Back
Dec. 10 Family Visitor Gift Giving – Last Day to send in Gifts *
Dec. 12 K- 4 Winter Festival
Dec. 13 K- 4 Assessment Day – No Classes for K-4- individual appts. Regular school 5-8
Dec. 20 Teacher Workday – No Classes
Dec. 23 – Jan. 3 Winter Break – No School
Jan. 6 Teacher Workday – No Classes
Jan. 7 First Day Back
Jan. 20 Martin Luther King Day – No School
Jan. 28 Celebrate The Beat Performance
* The Kindergarten class is in it’s 20th year of hosting the Aspen Community School Gift Giving Project. Each year around the holidays, the Kindergarten learning center puts together holiday gift bags that support mothers and young children of less fortune during this special time of year. These holiday gift bags are filled with hygiene products, winter accessories, a children’s book, stuffed animal or small toy that have been generously donated by all students and families from our school. This year, the Aspen Community School’s Gift Giving Project holiday gift bags will go to The Family Visitor Center in Glenwood Springs. This incredible organization provides education, advocacy and support services to strengthen families, foster the development of children and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Please consider sending in a donation item with your student. The Gift Giving Project ends Monday, December 10th. We cannot do this without your support. We kindly ask all hygiene products are unused and new winter accessories would be preferred. Gently used books, stuffed animals and toys are perfect. Every year we are able to assemble around 115 holiday gift bags to families in need in the Roaring Fork Valley. This is an incredible force pouring out of our little school. Items to be collected:
- Shampoos & Conditioners (adult and child/ baby)
- Lotions (adult and child/ baby)
- Soaps/ Body Wash (adult and child/ baby)
- Polish & Nail Files
- Mints & Bubble Gum
- Women’s Gloves, Hats and Scarves
- Children’s Gloves, Hats & Scarves
- Children’s Books (new or gently used)
- Stuffed Animals (new or gently used)
- Small Toys (new or gently used)
Thank you for supporting your student, our school and this incredible project during this wonderful time of year. If you have any questions or would like to help, please contact Krysten Madigan, K Parent Rep, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Margaret Romero, Kindergarten teacher, email@example.com.
With much gratitude,
Krysten, Margaret & the Kindergarten class.–
A preschool teacher from Woody Creek Kids who is also an ACS parent is offering a Tuesday after school Yoga class here in the gym. Email Mel Sweet firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up your child.
Mark your calendars for the viewing of Screenagers: Next Chapter- Dec. 3rd and 4th!
Brought to our Valley by Family Connections