Quote of the Week: Chosen by Mia, “Be yourself because everyone else is already taken.”-unknown
It is the penultimate week of school and we are enjoying culminating activities, wrapping up projects, and savoring our last few days together as a group in the 3-4 learning center. Our Canyonlands trip was such a success and we are still beaming with happiness for all the memories we created out there in the desert. Please check your email to see a slideshow of pictures from our Canyonlands trip. Read on to hear about a few important announcements for our last week of school.
- 5/27 Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL
- 5/29 All school Read-In (see announcements)
- 5/30 K-4 “Toolbox Challenge” aka Field Day (see announcements)
- 5/31 Adios Jim special All School Meeting (please join!)
- 5/31 Last Day of School K-4
- To all of our parents who helped out with our Canyonlands trip…THANK YOU. We cannot do this trip without a ton of parent support and we are so grateful that you make time for this special experience.
- To all of you for packing your kid’s backpacks, ordering them special backpacking supplies, and making sure they were ready for the trip…THANK YOU.
- We will have a “Toolbox Challenge,” which would be more well known as a Field Day, on Thursday at 10:15am. Your kids should be dressed appropriately in activewear and sneakers. They will want to wear a hat and sunblock as well.
- We will have an all school read-in on Wednesday. Kids will be asked to bring a favorite picture book to share.
- Please send a reusable shopping bag(or 2) with your child on Tuesday. We will be sending a lot of schoolwork home and they will need the bags.
- There is a box in our central area if you and your kids would like to write Jim an adios note.
- Please send all ACS books back to school. It is so important for us to organize these over the summer and we do a lot of ordering to replace books. Please help us by returning all borrowed books asap.