- October 4th: 3-4 El Tioga (proceeds to support lowering cost of upcoming experiential trip to Denver)
- October 6th: All School BBQ 5:30-7:30
- October 10-13: Denver Field Trip
- Next week’s snack person is: Soren!
- Denver cost is $275 due Oct. 6th. You can send in a check or pay with credit card with Cindy.
- The school is now collecting BoxTops for Education!
- Thank you, Mia and family, for bringing in nutritious snacks for our class this weekl!
- Thanks Meredith, Shirley, and Kristin for joining our field trip!
- The Garden Harvest El Tioga was a great success! Thank you to all the parents who made delicious food and helped with this event!
- Thank you to Tim and Shirley Foster for providing such a beautiful and delicious Spanish-themed lunch for the staff today (Friday)!
What’s Happenin’ in 3-4:
Well, the forts have officially opened for the 3-4 at recess!!! This is really a special place for just our class and they are so excited! It might feel a little wild at times, but they are creating a society that works for them down there (with some support from their teachers along the way)!
We had a special musical performance by Spencer Bohren on Wednesday morning! It was so interesting learning about different guitars and fun singing along to his songs! After this performance, we hopped on the bus to learn more about the mining days in Aspen at the Holden-Marolt Barn and the Wheeler-Stallard House. Ask your child about ‘lixiviation’! They may just wow you with some advanced chemistry knowledge!
Student Class News – from reporters Spencer and Dylan:
This week the forts open!!!
On Monday we got to explore.
Hopefully they open on Thursday.
Reading homework: Read “just right” (appropriate leveled) books 20 minutes (bumped up to 30 min. later in the year) every night, log reading, and return log and book bag the next day. We are looking for accurate recording whenever possible. This is an important routine in the 3rd and 4th grade. Scaffold independence by discussing a place to keep their book bags, remind them to start their log before they read, and have them return bag right to backpack if your child is forgetting. Eventually we want them being responsible for these types of organizational skills, but understand it may be a process. They need to have their book bags at school every day.
Friday to Thursday homework: This week’s homework includes an activity thinking about artifacts. This is connected to our recent field trip to Holden-Marolt Barn and Wheeler-Stallard House. The homework packet also includes the next list of spelling words with the “tic-tac-toe” sheet. They can choose 3 of the activities on the “tic-tac-toe” sheet, complete them, attach the pages they write on, and cross out the “tic-tac-toe” on the homework page.