Quote of the Week: from Watson – “You can’t fit in when you were born to stand out.” -R.J. Palacio from Wonder
Well that week sure went quickly, it must be mid January…this time of year just flies by! Students completed their artist study books and shared during All School Meeting. When kids walked around with the artwork that they created over winter break there were tons of “ooohs” and “ahhhhs,” everyone really appreciated and enjoyed their artistic efforts.
We are well into our current class read aloud, Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry. This story takes place in Denmark during the Nazi occupation with the perspective of a 10 year old child. You should ask your child about the story and what they think about this difficult time in history.
We have started geometry units in both third and fourth grade math! While both classes will focus on measurements (both perimeter and area of shapes) and sorting/classifying shapes based on their attributes, the fourth will also learn about measuring angles this year. Have your child practice measuring the perimeter of objects/areas at home (i.e. table top, window, rug…).
- January 17-February 5th: Celebrate The Beat practice
- February 1: Canyonlands informational meeting @ 5:30pm (This is for 3-4 all parents.)
- February 6th: Celebrate The Beat Performance
- February 9: No School – Teacher Professional Development Day (We wanted to make sure you received notification of this date change well in-advance as this day used to be on the schedule for February 2.)
- Thank you, Rupert and family, for providing nutritious snacks for our class this week.
- Next week’s snack person is: Bo
- Weekly Homework packet is due Thursday, as usual. Nightly reading and logging is expected, and some of this time should be spent on book club reading/writing goals.
Student Class News: Henry
We have been dancing and we are making bowls in art class.