2/14 Quote of the Week, chosen by Rory, “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.”
The Night Before the Hoedown (by Jen)
‘Twas the night before Hoedown, when all through the barn;
Not a creature was stirring, alls’ quiet on the farm;
The chickens were prepping their diets with care;
In hopes that chicken poop bingo soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of mechanical bulls danced in their heads;
And Jen in her cowgirl hat, and Alli in her hunting cap,
Had just tasted the BBQ and settled down for a nap,
When up on Woody Creek Mesa there arose such a clatter,
And Jesse Amory-The-Fix-It-Guy arose to see what’s the matter.
Away to Cozy Point Ranch I flew like a flash,
Tore open them barn doors and threw up my mustache.
The ponies on the edge of the newly groomed dirt,
Were waiting for kids to hopefully not get hurt.
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But some tasseled leather pants that were missing their rear,
With a beautiful blue hat and some spicy red boots,
I knew in a moment Cowgirl Casey was here for a hoot.
More rapid than eagles her cowboy slang came,
And she whistled, and hollered, and herded them by name:
“Now Gigi! Now, Bo! Now, Margaret, Susan and Garry!
On, Kristinas! On, Darcy! On, Ron, Veronica and Hilary!
To the dusty ol’ barn! To the BBQ griller!
Now squaredance, squaredance, squaredance away with ‘er!
She sprang to her horse, to her team she gave a holler,
And away they all rode, off into the great beyond’er.
But I heard her cry out, before she galloped out of sight-
“Happy Hoedown to all, and to all a good night!”
- 2/17 President’s Day- No School
- 2/21 3:00-3:45 Canyonlands Parent Information Meeting
- 2/21, 2/28 XC Ski Days… and hopefully more!
- 3/19, 3/20 Student Led Conferences
- 3/23 – 3/30 Spring Break- No School
- 4/3 Musical Tryouts
- 4/30, 5/1 Musical
- 5/4 Rest Day- No School
- 5/8 Assessment Day- No School
- 5/19- 5/22 3-4 Outdoor Ed. to Canyonlands National Park
- On Thursday hot lunch and El Tioga days please remember to send your child with a snack for mid-morning.
- Please put your names on food containers and water bottles. Kids don’t always remember which containers are theirs and we hate to see them go to waste.
- Ice Rink is open. Students need to bring their own helmet and can either bring in skates or borrow a pair at school. Tuesday and Friday are hockey days, so they may want to also bring a hockey stick on those days. There will also be sticks to borrow at school. Monday and Thursday are figure skating days.
Student Class News, from Mia and Nesta, “This week it is valentines day. 3rd and 4th graders are writing nonfiction. And 4th graders are starting a new unit in math. Saturday is the Hoedown, so if you want to go you should get tickets soon. On Wednesday we have everybody writes everybody shares, so be ready to share your writing! Friday is valentine’s day El Tioga (Bring your own or else back of line)”