Happy Friday, everyone!
Yes, the time is flying by. Yes, the information is flying at us from all directions. Yes, commitments for Spring and Summer adventures are needing to fly from our calendars to others’. It seems like the end of the school year slips right into hyperdrive, and… we just need to keep breathing and work our way through it, step by step. We got this. We’re all in this together.
In an effort to keep you from being (even more) overwhelmed, here is a shortened version of our weekly newsletter:
OUTDOOR ED UPDATE:
- The much-anticipated forms are in your child’s backpack, and are coming home today. All completed forms are due back in school next Wednesday, 5/16.
- The price for our trip has increased, but only by $10. This year’s trip fee is $65, and can be paid by cash or check by next Wednesday, 5/16.
- The final spelling packet of the year is coming home this week (commence cheering!). Next Wednesday will be our last regular spelling check.
- Your child may have a play packet in his or her homework this week. This is totally optional. We have them from our week at the Wheeler, and they can be a nice activity to do at home or even in the car.
- Books and a reading log will continue to come home on Fridays. Your reader has developed incredibly important habits of reading and reflecting about reading, and we will support those habits as long as we possibly can!
UPCOMING CALENDAR DATES:
- Sunday, May 13th: Mother’s Day. We love you!
- Tuesday, May 15th: The last day of the art show at the Red Brick. Be sure to pop up to see your child’s piece before the end of the show!
- Wednesday, May 16th: Outdoor Ed forms and fee are DUE!
- Tuesday – Thursday, May 22nd – 24th: Outdoor Ed trip.
- Friday, May 25th: School as usual.
- Monday, May 28th: No school. Memorial Day.
- Thursday, May 31st: Our big clean-out-the-classroom day. Most things will come home this day.
- Friday, June 1st: Our last day of school. Stay tuned for more information about our celebratory slide show and snack invitation!
Enjoy your weekend, rest up if you can, and we’ll see you and/or your fabulous child back in the classroom on Monday morning!
– Kristina, Casey, and Katie
PS: If you have any great play photos, then please send them our way! Extra credit for any Thursday night cow photos…