2/16 It’s the week of the Hoedown!
Throughout Celebrate the Beat practice our kids were writing books about famous artists. They built their books using google docs. They practiced typing, learned to format documents, imported pictures, changed fonts, built and typed in tables, and learned about digital editing and collaboration. Their books are beautiful! They also contain lots of colorful images that would be quite taxing on our printing systems to print them all. Therefore, I am sharing them with you electronically.
Many of the kids were enthralled by this project and didn’t want to stop (so cute!) so they may want to finish at home. If so, our class google account is below.
Today marked the end of our historical fiction book club reading unit. However, many kids have chosen to continue book clubs or partnerships on their own! Next week, we will embark on a new unit titled Reading The Weather, where we explore extreme weather through non-fiction texts. We are excited to integrate science with our reading unit and build upon book club work by working in research groups.
Hopefully you can all dust off your cowboy boots and come on down to the Hoedown tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you there.
- February 17th: The Hoedown!
- February 19th: No School – Presidents day
- March 1st: Mindful Parenting Practices presentation at ACS from 5:30-700pm. RSVP for childcare at roaringforkinsight.org/parent
- March 7th: Empty Bowls at Buttermilk
- March 9th: Author Kat Kronenberg Visit at All School Meeting and 3-4 Writing Class
- Thank you, Chloe and family, for providing nutritious, delicious snacks for our class last week.
- Thank you, Tommy and family, for providing the snacks for this week.
- Thank you to everyone who has brought in Box Tops for our class/school! The deadline to submit these is February 28th.
- Next week’s snack person is: Watson
- Weekly Homework packet is due Thursday, as usual. Nightly reading and logging continues to be an expectation.
Student Class News: We just finished our CTB performance, it was fun and we did great!
We are wrapping up are historical fiction unit in reading class. I am so sad we finished Number The Stars, it was such a great book!!!