♥ Happy weekend, everyone! ♥
With only a few short weeks left in our school year, we are so appreciative of your continued support and awareness as we shift gears into planning our Spring Outdoor Ed trip.
OUTDOOR ED UPDATE:
- This year’s Spring Outdoor Ed trip to John Kelly’s ranch in New Castle will take place Wednesday 5/22, Thursday 5/23, and Friday 5/24.
- Your child is coming home this afternoon with a thick Outdoor Ed packet in his or her homework folder. This packet is your homework! Please set aside some time to carefully read through everything… and then maybe read it all again. There’s a lot of information in those pages! The parent participation form, the background check forms, and the $65 are all due next Wednesday, 5/15.
- Please reach out with any questions that come up for you as you consider your family’s plan for our trip. We’re here to help!
READING AND WRITING UPDATE:
- Your second grade readers had an incredible opportunity this week: They got to Skype-chat with Katrina Charman, the beloved author of the Last Firehawk series. Be sure to check in with your reader about this lively conversation. Every student had a question or two to ask, and Katrina was so generous with her time – we had almost 40 minutes to learn about her writing process, her inspiration for characters and adventures, why she loves to write books for young readers, and how many books are still to be published in her series.
- All first and second graders are diving headfirst into their Explorers’ Club topics! The excitement levels are sky high as kids are reading, taking notes, coming up with more in-depth questions, and learning more and more about their topics. From flying squirrels to Alcatraz, from caves to foxes… be prepared to hear a lot about your researcher’s findings over the next few weeks!
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS:
- Sunday, 5/12 – Happy Mother’s Day! We love you!
- Wednesday, 5/15 – Outdoor Ed forms and money are due.
- Thursday, 5/16 – No hot lunch. There will be a make-up hot lunch on Thursday 5/30.
- Sunday, 5/19 – Chris’ memorial service at school.
- Wednesday, 5/22 through Friday, 5/24 – Outdoor Ed! Woohoo!
- Monday, 5/27 – No school. Memorial Day.
MOMENTS OF GRATITUDE:
- Big thank yous to everyone who was able to make our Outdoor Ed parent meeting this week. We’re looking forward to another great trip.
- Thank you, Roxwell and family, for the delicious teacher treats. Yum. We feel very appreciated!
- Thank you, Anderson and family, for the beautiful jade plants. This teacher appreciation thing is kind of amazing!
That’s about it from our end. Enjoy your weekend, consider those Outdoor Ed plans of yours, and we’ll see you and/or your fabulous kiddo back in the classroom on Monday morning!