- December 20th: 3-4 Winter Party – stop in the classroom, 10:45-11:45, to join in on the celebration!!
- December 21-January 4: Winter Break (students return Thursday, January 4th)
- Next week’s snack person is: Eli
- Thank you, Trevor and family, for providing nutritious snacks for our class this week!
- Thanks to all of the families who made it to the Winter Festival. It was quite a night!
Student Class News: by Soren and Jake
The 3-4 class has had a good week so far everything is normal except there is 12 days until Christmas night which is very exciting. The winter festival is on the 13th. The kindergarteners, the second graders, the third graders, and the fourth graders will all be singing. There will be a lot of different people singing. Also Santa will be coming to our school on Friday. And in the forts, a lot of kids are selling things for a ton of pottery. Also Christmas break is in 4 days.
What’s happening in the 3-4:
We are starting to think about our Canyonlands trip. Stay tuned for more information about that coming out soon, but, knowing that this is the season of giving we wanted to bring your attention to the Canyonlands packing list. This list is one of our links on the blog, so please click on it and see if there are any gift ideas on there for your child. Please know that if you’re child needs to borrow gear we will problem solve that with you.
Reading homework (today-next Wednesday): Read at least 30 minutes and log it every night. Thank you for supporting this routine at home.
Friday to Thursday homework: There is no homework packet due next week.
Winter Break homework (Thursday, December 21 – Thursday, January 4th): We sent home this information today (Friday) but it is not due until after break. There are four components:
- Reading and logging at least 250 minutes (starting after school on Wednesday).
- Math: Practice multiplication facts. At least 5 minutes a day.
- Keyboarding: Complete log for 4 practice times (No more than about 10 minutes at a time is best!)
- Artist Study: Research and Complete Boxes and Bullets Pages *Parents, this is a project that your child will need support with. Please read through the directions with them, help them find resources, and enjoy this time spent together.*