We hope you all have a wonderful winter break with extra time to relax and good times with friends and family!
We are looking forward to many exciting things coming up next semester in the 3-4 and at ACS… a couple weeks of Celebrate the Beat (an all-school dance creation), nordic skiing (hopeful for a lot more snow), reading book clubs, writing persuasive arguments, fractions and geometry in math, the amazing all-school play process and performance, Canyonlands, and all the moments in between that we get to learn from and be with each other!
- December 21-January 4: Winter Break (students return Thursday, January 4th)
- January 12: No school for K-4 students – This is a scheduled assessment day for K-4 students only.
- January 15: No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 9: No School – Teacher Professional Development Day (We wanted to make sure you received notification of this date change well in-advance as this day used to be on the schedule for February 2.)
- Thank you, Eli and family, for providing nutritious snacks for our class this week plus extra treats at the end of the day!
- Thanks to all of the families who provided treats or helped with our class Winter Party!
Student Class News: by Sadie and Kit
We just ended our nonfiction reading unit. We are editing are informational books in writing class. We are watching a nature video about plants. We are having a Christmas party on Wednesday!
Winter Break homework (Thursday, December 21 – Thursday, January 4th): There are four components:
- Reading and logging at least 250 minutes (starting after school on Wednesday).
- Math: Practice multiplication facts. At least 5 minutes a day.
- Keyboarding: Complete log for 4 practice times (No more than about 10 minutes at a time is best!)
- Artist Study: Research and Complete Boxes and Bullets Pages *Parents, this is a project that your child will need support with. Please read through the directions with them, help them find resources, and enjoy this time spent together.*
Photos: Ok, so we REALLY wanted to upload some pictures this week. However, this blog will not let us again. When we get this problem solved, we will have a backlog of photos to share with you right here! Thank you for the patience. :)