Hello 1/2 Families!
Can you believe that it’s December? This week we hit the 60th day of school and we are well into the swing of things as we head toward the New Year.
Conversation Starters! Ask your child about…
- Mindfulness: What does it feel like in your body to want something? Some of us donated toys that we once wanted so badly and that we don’t play with anymore!
- The friendship skills puppet show with Pig, Horse, Llama, and Tiger
- What is the Energy Bus?
- Eating the Pakistani El Tioga and learning Pakistani games with our Family Groups!
- Choices this week
- The video we watched about Cane’s Arcade…Visit the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIFNkdq96U
Be on the lookout for:
- A Parent Rep Bio via email! Find out more about our 1/2 Learning Center parent reps and how you can help!
- In literacy we are doing middle of the year assessments. Please continue to read at home with your child!
1st Grade Math:
- 1st graders have moved into a new unit on addition, subtraction, and number concept. We worked on understanding, representing, and solving problems involving addition and subtraction. We are also starting to work on understanding place value. Please work with your first grader on counting to 100 and recognizing numbers to 100.
2nd Grade Math:
- 2nd graders have entered the world of fractions! We are working on identifying, partitioning, and representing parts of a whole including halves and fourths. Take some time to partition food at home. In order to represent fractions, all parts have to be equal in size. Partition a pizza into halves and then fourths. Partition a piece of bread into thirds. Fractions are all around us!
- 12/19 – K-2 Ice Skating 9-11:145
- 12/19 – Village Parent Meeting at 5:30pm
- 12/20 – Noon Release
- 12/21 – Winter Break
- 1/ 3 – Teacher work day
- 1/4 – School Resumes
- 1/26 Teacher Work Day – optional Parent-Teacher conferences
- 2/17 5th Annual Hoedown – 3-7pm