Dear I – 2 Families,
It was again a busy week, the beginning of the wild and crazy ride toward Winter Break. We finished reading assessments and math units. The children have been working hard to finish their parent gifts and we think you’re going to love them! There were a lot of nasty bugs going around school last week and, unfortunately, many kids fell victim. The school will receive a major deep clean over the break and the project room tables are now being bleached every night to try to keep everyone healthy. This time of year requires stamina so make sure everyone (including yourselves, parents) gets lots of rest and stays hydrated.
Conversation starters. Ask your child about….
- How to Talk to a Snowman poem;
- The difference between rhyme and alliteration;
- Dance in P.E.;
- The 5/6 science symposium;
- Ideas for the Solar System Arcade project;
- Maury’s Hannukkah story; and
- The Ted and Ted Show.
- Winter break begins at noon on Wednesday, December 20. Yay!
- School resumes on Thursday, January 4, 2018.
- Student reports will be sent home on January 24, 2018.
- January 26 – Teachers have a workday and students are off from school.
- February 9 – All School Ski Day
- February 12 – First and Second Graders will be going to Aspen Mountain for the ACES snowshoe tour.
- February 17 – Fifth Annual Hoedown This is a big fundraiser for Compass and we need volunteers! Please contact Lisen Richmond if you can help.
Enjoy your winter break.