The arcade was up and running in full force this week. The students had a blast showing off all their hard work while kinder through seventh came to visit the arcade. We drew sticks to choose three groups of students to share their arcade game at the “All School Meeting” as well. They did a great job presenting!
We also wrapped up our book of the week Turkey Trouble. For this project students wrote an opinion about what they think Turkey should have disguised himself as and then did a craft project to create their disguise for turkey. They turned out really cute and are hanging outside our learning center.
Taryn’s Circus Circus group finished writing and illustrating their “All About” books. In the books they chose what to write about from the research they had done on either foxes or panda bears. We had the chance to share the books with the kindergartners who were so excited about the 1st graders work.
More Highlights from the week:
- Learning a turkey song in music
- 2nd grade math – moving into geometry unit
- Creating interview questions to get to know our parent mentor, Bibiana
- 2nd grade – long I scavenger hunt around the room and long I boggle
- Dr. Bruce
- Scholastic Book Order: Please feel free to place orders online using our class code, P9QHY, via this link: https://orders.scholastic.com/P9QHY. You may also send cash or check with an order. Your orders help us earn free books to add to our classroom library, so thank you!
- Lost and Found is getting full. Please check for items your child has misplaced.
- Lice at CCS: please see Sandra’s email about how to check for and treat lice.
- Photo’s are not uploading, we will send some via email
- 11/22 Thanksgiving El Tioga – please reserve seats with Sandra
- 11/25-11/29 Thanksgiving Break
- 12/2 No School/Teacher Work Day