Hello Terrific 1-2 Families,
We cannot believe that November has arrived. Thanks to all who pledged money, came out to cheer on the students, and counted laps for our Monster Dash. The kids ran and ran. Personal records were broken and goals were reached. It was a spectacular day. We took lots of pictures:
The kids were all pretty tired and proud of themselves on Wednesdays.
Conversation Starters: Ask your child about:
- the Dirty Bread experiment;
- The jelly bean mindfulness lesson with Lisa;
- Dr. Bruce’s eye tricks;
- The Purple Stew song;
- Apples and Onions;
- Yertle the Turtle;
First Grade Literacy continues to work on phonemic awareness and learning to manipulate sounds. We are finishing up vowels with short e words this week. We will review vowels and start L blends next week. We’re reading and writing sight words. We are also reading short decodable books and learning how to retell a story, who the characters and what the setting is.
Second graders finished up r-controlled vowels ur, ir and er. We also learned some new vocabulary words from the Book Club students, including great words like pandemonium, crucial, fragrance. We continue to work on fluency and accuracy in our reading. The students are also working independently and are learning to discuss books we read together.
- The Scholastic Book Fair will be here all next week.
- Lift Up Donations are due Wednesday.
- Thursday Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:00-7:00. Please sign up.
- Square One Art Orders due by Friday, November 10.
- Friday, November 10 – Parent-Teacher Conferences. No School for Students!
- 1-2 will be doing El Tioga on Friday, December 1.
- 11/14 Monster Dash Pledges Due
- 11/16 Village Parent Meeting at 5:30pm
- 11/17 Thanksgiving El Tioga
- 11/20 – 11/24 Thanksgiving Break
- 11/30 – School Advisory Committee (open to staff and parents) 6-7pm