The Compass Board of Directors is a group of elected volunteers who are committed to the mission of the organization and entrusted with the fiscal management of the business and affairs of the non-profit corporation. The Compass executive director and the directors of the two schools also serve on the Board as ex-officio members.
The Board meets approximately ten times per year. Board terms are three years.
In addition to regular meetings, members may also participate on committees. There are presently two committees of the Board — Executive and Finance — and these committees are usually composed of both Board members and non-members.
2016 Board of Directors
- Melanie Muss, President
- Greg Pickrell, Vice President
- Matt Jones, Treausurer
- Tricia Johnson, Secretary
- Jeffie Butler
- Kristen Tullar
- Sandra Suarez
- Jim Gilchrist, Director, Aspen Community School
- Tom Penzel, Director, Carbondale Community School
- Skye Skinner, Executive Director, Compass