2/21 Quote of the Week, chosen by Mara, “Be bold enough to use your voice, brave enough to listen to your heart and strong enough to live the life you’ve always imagined.” – unknown
In writing class we are busy publishing books. Kids are taking this very seriously as their books they’ve worked so hard to write are finally coming to fruition. Their books are incredible and include tons of important information. They should be finished around the end of next week and will be ready for readers. Ask your child how their book is turning out and what their favorite parts are. Below you will see some pictures of third graders publishing. I don’t have pictures of fourth graders, but just imagine bigger kids, bigger books, but equally as cute :)
You’ll also see some readers who have just come in from XC skiing and are enjoying a cup of cocoa or tea. We are so fortunate to be at a school where positive experiences, character development and building relationships are equally as important as academic learning. (psst- I think the kids like it too!)
- 2/28 Canyonlands Volunteer Questionnaires due
- 2/28 XC Ski Day… and hopefully more!
- 3/19, 3/20 Student Led Conferences
- 3/23 – 3/30 Spring Break- No School
- 4/3 Musical Tryouts
- 4/30, 5/1 Musical
- 5/4 Rest Day- No School
- 5/8 Assessment Day- No School
- 5/19- 5/22 3-4 Outdoor Ed. to Canyonlands National Park
- We start our classroom activities at 8:03 each morning, thanks for having your child here on time so they can be part of the important morning routine.
- On Thursday hot lunch and El Tioga days please remember to send your child with a snack for mid-morning.
- Please put your names on food containers and water bottles. Kids don’t always remember which containers are theirs and we hate to see them go to waste.
- Ice Rink is open. Students need to bring their own helmet and can either bring in skates or borrow a pair at school. Tuesday and Friday are hockey days, so they may want to also bring a hockey stick on those days. There will also be sticks to borrow at school. Monday and Thursday are figure skating days.
Student Class News, from Rory and Keller, “Our read aloud book is Number the Stars, which is about friendship during war. Gigi’s read aloud is Harry Potter.”