*** This page can be translated by clicking the language tab at the top. Esta página se puede traducir haciendo clic en la pestaña de idioma en la parte superior.
The Carbondale Community School is a public charter school of the Roaring Fork School District. As a charter school, we are funded by the State and individual donations, charge no tuition, are non-discriminatory in admissions, and provide an alternative within the public school framework.
To be eligible for admission, students and their parents must first take the following steps:
- Read the “Letter to Prospective Parents and Admissions Procedure in English and Spanish – Letter to Prospective Parents and Admissions Procedure in English and Spanish
- Attend the CCS Virtual Information Night
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 5:00-6:30 pm
- Monday, March 1, 2021 5:00-6:30 pm
- Vea el Tour Virtual CCS en español – AQUÍ OR View the CCS Virtual Tour in English – HERE
- Determine if our school is a good fit and decide to continue the application process.
- Complete the Application for Admission in English Application or Solicitud de Admision
Admissions Criteria and Lottery
Because there is greater demand for admissions than we have space for students, we use an annual lottery system to select students for enrollment. All students are eligible for the lottery once they have completed the admissions process below. Please see the Enrollment Policy for information about lottery priorities. Enrollment is determined by availability. Each student is entered into the lottery, and there is no “first come, first served” waiting list.
The lottery deadline for the 2021/2022 school year is FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021. All applications received after the lottery are considered on a space-available basis.
At this point we only accept applications for students going into 7th and 8th grade. Please submit your application right away.
Application for Admissions – Apply By Clicking on the Link Below
***Need Help? Call 970-963-9647 OR Email Sandra Shafer email@example.com