Another busy and fun-filled week is in the books! This last week was busy with lots of artwork for a special project we are making. Additionally, the 1st and 2nd graders preformed Spanish holiday songs at All School Meeting. They enjoyed performing and getting to watch the Ted and Ted Show, an seasonal favorite! Ask your child about:
- Spelling BAM! (1st grade)
- Reader’s Theater (2nd grade)
- How to build an rectangular array using rows and columns. (2nd grade)
- What do you call a 4 sided shape? (A quadrilateral – 2nd grade)
- Building geometrical shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks! (1st grade)
- Mending the Grinch’s heart
- Playing “Snowman”
- Dabbling in the DIBELS…middle of year literacy assessments
- Starting the book, Matilda, by Roald Dahl for Doodlebook
This coming week will be very fun-packed and eventful. First, the school earned a PJ/Onesie and Movie Day because we had full participation in raising money for the Monster Dash! Therefore, students may wear their PJs or Onesie to school on Wednesday. The school will celebrate with the movie, Smallfoot (PG), from 1 – 2:45 in the Central Area. There will be a musical intermission where students will preform the songs they learned these last two weeks in music class!
On Thursday, Maury with a Story will visit our class first thing in the morning. We will then immediately load up on the bus to go ICE SKATING at the Glenwood Springs Recreation Center with Kinders and 6th graders. Parents are welcome to join us. Please plan on meeting us there around 9:40 AM. There will be no cost for parent volunteers. Please make sure your child dresses appropriately in snow pants, a warm jacket, gloves, and warm socks that cover their ankles. It is cold in the ice arena. Additionally, please have your child bring a bike helmet. There are helmets to rent, but not many. Our schedule will be as follows:
- leave by 9:15 in big bus
- 9:45-10 fit skates, etc
- 10-11 skate!
- kids can rent skates or bring their own if they have them
- kids need to dress warm and bring a helmet (bike, ski, etc.)
- we’ll order a popcorn and hot cocoa for each kid
- back at school by 11:45.
There will be no night journal this week due to the busy and short week.
There is NO SCHOOL on Friday – it is a teacher work day.
Important upcoming dates:
- 12/18/19 PJ/Onesie party and Smallfoot movie
- 12/19/19 Kinder, 1/2, and 6th grade Ice Skating 9 AM – Noon
- 12/20/19 No SCHOOL Teacher Work Day
- 1/6/20 NO SCHOOL – Teacher Work Day
- 1/7/20 Back to school!
- 1/14 CCS SAC Meeting and Village Night -Sexual Abuse Prevention 10 Tips for Parents
- 1/20 NO SCHOOL – MLK Day
I will send this blog post via email as well, pictures were not uploading on this site.