Last week was a wild week in the 1-2! Some of the highlights were:
- Reading to our new stuffed reading buddies;
- Learning how to write a paragraph and writing a paragraph about ourselves;
- Reading a book about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and thinking of ways we can help make the world a better place, just like he did. (Come see our art on the wall!)
- Another round of Choices!
- El Tioga
We would like to thank Sara Johnstone for organizing and purchasing all of the food for our El Tioga. And thank you to those who came to help serve including Angela Rodriguez, Gaby Rivera, and Lisa Thompson. It was such a yummy lunch! Thanks!!
Mystery Readers: February is “I Love To Read Month”! We are looking for volunteers to be Mystery Readers in our learning center! In the days leading up to your reading we will read clues about you to the class and they will try to guess who it is going to be! Then you can come in and read a story to the class. You can bring a book that you have at home or you are welcome to come choose a book from our class. Mystery Readers can be aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings, friends etc. If you are interested please email us with three clues about you and we will find a day/time that works!
- No Night Journal this week…due to the short week.
- All School Ski Day (2/6): Look for information to fill out for your child this week in the Friday Folder. We are looking for parents to chaperone. We will have free lift tickets for parents who need one. *In years past, parents have had to buy lift tickets. This year, they are provided for free. Students who need lessons are getting a full day lesson, but it costs us $69 (50% off regular priced lessons). We are hoping to make up the cost by asking parents for a donation to the annual fund to help cover the costs of the ski day.
- The 100th day of school is coming up in about one month. We will be asking students to do a 100th day project using 100 items. Here is a link to a website with some ideas to get you thinking: https://tipjunkie.com/ideas-for-100th-day-of-school/ we will also be holding a small celebration for our 100th day in school! Information on this project will go home in the next couple of weeks.
- Field Trip! We will be going on a field trip to Hallam Lake on 2/27 with the kinders. More information to come.
1/24 No School for Students – Optional Conferences/ Teacher Work Day
1/31 Choices Round 2
2/5 Big Event Tryouts
2/6 All School Ski Day
2/15 Family Hoedown!
2/18 100th Day of School!
2/20 5pm School Information Night
2/27 ACES field trip: Kinder, 1 & 2
2/28 1/2 in charge of El Tioga